Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Tom@107.5" takes a listener request from Delta # 1150

This is a cool story about how radio (and Monticello Media) is embracing the new, digital technologies. As you know if you follow this blog, we run an Interactive Request Show Friday and Saturday nights on "Tom @ 107.5". Tom takes requests via phone, email, Facebook and Twitter; our DJ, Steve York, has authority to play anything requested, even if it is not in our library (a really BIG library) and he has to download it.

Last night, my friend Stephan Sloan was on Delta flight # 1150 listening to Tom's stream (unbeknownst to me). He emailed a song request to "Tom" and sent me a copy. I also happened to be listening to Tom. Steve got the email and immediately played the request, "Big Audio Dynamite Medecine Show" (which Steph confirmed on my Facebook page hearing in real time moments later from the plane). I think that might be a radio "first."

The times, they are a-changin'.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment